About Our Private Daycare
Over the last 25 years at the Learning Tree private daycare, we have continually evolved and developed our services, striving to constantly fulfill our vision of being leaders in early childhood care & development. We can proudly state that we have provided unsurpassed childcare services for more than one generation of young children and can assure you that we will never lose sight of the unwavering commitment, passion and enthusiasm that make The Learning Tree such a special place.
We began offering Preschool services in 1985 in a small church, with 36 children and a staff of 6. We rapidly outgrew our church facilities and decided to build our own specialized state-of-the-art dedicated facility. We realized that the minimum space requirements mandated by the government were insufficient and did not match our vision. Accordingly, we designed the new building to be about one 1 1/2 times larger than the required norms, providing space for a gymnasium, library and computer lab. The new Learning Tree daycare facility in Dollard-Des-Ormeaux (on Montreal’s West Island) finally opened in September 1987 and our private daycare has been here ever since!
Our Mission as a Fully Private Daycare
Our mission is simply to provide your child with an unsurpassed bilingual private daycare, private preschool and pre-kindergarten experience. Specifically, we strive to:
- Provide our services in a nurturing, safe and happy learning environment.
- Offer a wide variety of age-appropriate learning opportunities and activities providing a complete experience that develops the whole child, including both self-directed play and structured learning.
- Encourage your child to develop important social, emotional, and cognitive skills.
- Have your child develop self-help skills that foster independent thinking and taking initiatives.
- Provide opportunities for language development in both official languages while focusing on both recessive and expressive modalities.
- Provide a complete Physical Education program that promotes gross motor development.
We believe that positive early childhood experiences are the basis for happiness, successful lifelong learning and academic success and we strive to provide this at our private daycare.
Our ultimate goal is to develop the children into academically-prepared, confident, enthusiastic leaders of tomorrow and to provide them with skills that will maximize their preparation for formal schooling.